Saturday, September 26, 2026

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

 


The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown is the first ever audio book I listen to. It took sometime to understand an audio book. It took some more time to multitask while listening to the book. But I got it...finally  :)

Beautifully written book. I have not watched the movie, so I cant compare. But I am sure the book is worth making a movie. 

Dan Brown has exceptional style of writing. However I wonder, how much would have enjoyed reading the book, since it has many French words and I don't know anything in French.
The narration of the book is exceptional. Paul Michael has narrated with beautiful voice modulation which gives so much clarity to the book.

There are places where:

  • historical explanations go on longer than necessary,
  • the same theory is explained from slightly different angles,
  • characters sometimes repeat information the reader already understands,
  • and some of the suspense could have been achieved with fewer pages.

Yet the elaboration serves a purpose: Brown wants you to feel that you're discovering an enormous hidden world, not merely solving a murder.

Because the story begins in Paris, Dan Brown occasionally includes French words, phrases, signs, names, and dialogue. Some characters also speak French.

Overall I enjoyed listening to the book. Will I listen to another Dan Brown book....May be....Inferno?? But not now. I would like to listen to some other author. I also want to read/listen to some Indian Author. After a while, I may come back to Dan Brown book.

My rating: 3.9/5  ⭐⭐⭐⭐

#DanBrown #DaVinciCode

No comments:

Post a Comment